This goes into some specific legal expertise, so I might be wrong, but
Amazon can’t even issue such license as it doesn’t have such license with
authors themselves.

I think that when Audible provided the opposite function (displaying the
currently read text on the screen) Amazon was sued by some authors and as
far as I remember this was pulled back for that reason.

If anyone had license with Amazon he would implement it properly in short
time.

The reason why those services don’t work is exactly because they are the
hack - they use the web browser and they can’t get specific portion of the
book but need to try to scroll so that it gets loaded in the browser which
is the hell to make it work in real life use cases.

Though those apps that convert the book into the PDF also use the same
trick but it is likely much easier to download whole book than to try to
download it on demand. On the other hand loading on demand should be
legally less wrong and would bring less harsh penalties. Or maybe it would
be quite hard to download whole the book on the mobile.