David, did you check just above the heading level 1 “Newsletter” after entering
your email, completing the math question and activating the Submit button?
I had no issues and while the form was back asking for email address and math
question after I submitted it, checking the page showed me the following:

You will receive a confirmation e-mail shortly containing further instructions
on how to complete your subscription.

Once again, this is just above the Newsletter heading 1. Could this be maybe
done better? Probably, but I’m not a web developer and I am used to this kind
of behaviour with respect to confirmations so I always look for it. I ooften
start out by doing a Jaws Find search for the word “Thank” since often
confirmations contain “Thanks” or “Thank you”. If that doesn’t result in a hit,
I try “confirm” or even look for buttons since sometimes after a confirmation
message there is an OK or Close button. In this case, there is “close”, but
it’s a link and not a button.

In any case, I also received the promised email within seconds after completing
the form so this all works fine as far as I am concerned. If you don’t see the
email, make sure you check in your Junkmail/Spam folder. Mine clearly said it
was from Applevis and the subject is “Confirmation needed for AppleVis
newsletter subscription”. In the email it says that I subscribed and it gives
the email address I used, then it says to “Use this link to confirm your
subscription” an the “confirm your subscription” is the actual link.

Best regards,
Sieghard