Thanks, looking back through the archives I have noticed that the Square card
reader plugs into the headphone jack. If a 3.5 MM splitter from radio shack is
used can a earbud be plugged in as well; or will plugging in the reader then
turning on a BT headset suffice?

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2012 2:20 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Using an iOS Device for processing credit card tranasactions

Hi Frank,

There has been some discussion on this and you may want to search the archives
for terms like "Go Payment", "Square Reader" or "card processing" etc. I
personally have not have had any reason to try any of these services, but I do
remember that those who have posted on here all said that the fact that these
card readers all seem to plug into the headphone jack is a problem since it
shuts up Voiceover. You may be able to get around it with a bluetooth headset,
but this also doesn't seem to be just easy, either.

I am not sure if I have the names correct, I am pretty sure Go Payment and
Square are providers of such readers, but you can always google "credit card
processing with an iPhone" and get the exact spelling of the major players and
then search the archives for those.