Hi Shawn,

Yes, delete the iCloud account and set up a new one. I did this on my husband's
iPad and my son's iPHone, and no one lost any info in the process. If it asks
whether to keep the info on the phone that was stored in iCloud, say yes; it
will be backed up the next time iCloud does an automatic backup or you initiate
a manual one.

Best,
Anna