Hey, not sure if anybody has gotten to you on this yet, but you can use the
rotor commands on the keyboard, by hitting up arrow and either left or right
arrow respectiviely to move the rotar through the different setings. You want
to do this until you hear voiceover speak Characters. Then you can go down
arrow letter by letter through a message. If you don't have your web rotar set
up in voiceover go into general, accessibility, voiceover, web rotar, and
select the diffeent settings you want announced, and one of these is character.
Once you make sure that will show up come out of it, hit your up arrow, with
either left or right arrow and you should be fine. Hope this helps. Take care
and talk to you soon.