I don't know the history of SIRI and the dictate feature, but as with
all large companies, it's possible that they were developed separately
by two different teams, or one technology was acquired from another
company. In a situation like this, it's possible that Apple would merge
the two applications and source code, but this would be done only if
Apple saw that they'd save some money in the long run with support
costs. Oh, well, just my way of saying that I'm not surprised these two
similar apps behave a bit differently.

On 05/12/12 02:52, Bill Gallik wrote:
> Not withstanding that you may have employed Siri to compose and address
> a text message, you still have the option of locating the “SEND” button
> and activating that via the double tap gesture.
>
> I realize that may not be what you’re looking for in an answer, but it
> would help you out for the time being.
>
> Personally, I have pretty well abandoned Siri for sending messages, so
> much of what I say gets misinterpreted and it’s more difficult to locate
> the errors and correct them than to compose the message via Dictate or
> typing in the first place.  By the way, I find that the Dictate feature
> does a much better job of speech to text; that really doesn’t make much
> sense because I can’t imagine the programming that drives either utility
> would be much different from each other.
>
> ------------
> To You & Yours: A Very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year !!!
> Holland & Bill
> - "`There are many things from which I might have derived good, by which
> I have not profited, I dare say,' returned the nephew. `Christmas among
> the rest. But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it
> has come round -- apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and
> origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that -- as a good
> time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know
> of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one
> consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people
> below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and
> not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore,
> uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I
> believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God
> bless it!'"
> - "A Christmas Carol," 1843, Charles Dickens

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail