Apps like TuneIn and Ootunes backup recordings you save to iCloud and
iTunes. Your iTunes backups are stored in a local folder on your
computer. In Windows for example, it should be
c:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\backup. If
you make a backup in iTunes, apps like iBackupBot and iPhone Backup
Extractor will let you browse the tree structure of your backups and
copy files from them. So all you'd need to do is access the folder
where Ootunes stores your data and copy the files to another folder on
your computer. You could actually do this yourself, without the aid of
any other program, if you make an unencrypted backup. The trouble is
that file names are obfuscated so you might be hard pressed to tell
what file is what, though of course the file size might help.

This information was conveyed to me by an app developer of a radio app
for iOS. No modifying your phone at all, no voiding warranties.

Note: apps like iBackupBot allow you to modify backups as though they
are regular folders on your hard drive. So you could, say, set up your
phone as a new device, but restore your old SMS messages.

Grant

On 12/7/12, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. <kramlinger.ke...@mayo.edu> wrote:
> Hi Grant,
>
> Can you describe how this extract process works? It's the first I've heard
> of it.
>
> Thanks. Keith

>>> 2 or 3 things you listened to, and overwrites those recordings unless