Note that it's possible to set up a trial call with 911 to test such things
as apps and home security systems. You can set it up through your local
police precinct.--Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sherrie
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2012 3:19 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: 9-1-1

Be careful with this app.  I downloaded it and a free one called ICE.  I
opened one of them (I am not sure which) and you were supposed to enter
contacts or something but the first thing I touched it called 911.  I
immediately hung up but they called me back and I explained that I was   and

trying to set up an emergency app blind but they said someone would still
come to the house but I wouldn't be charged.
It sure would have been easier to just count on Siri to call 911 if I needed
it.  I was especially concerned about having this ability as my dad lives
with us and he is 83 and having issues.  Now I am afraid to open the apps to
see how to use them.
Previously I had put in a contact that is called Emergency and the phone
number is 911.  If I told Siri to call the emergency contact would she dial
the 911 listed on the phone number do you think?  This is not something one
can check out.
Sherrie

Sherrie