Hello all,

I'm glad to see more people have experienced what I have with the
Dream Reader app.  I have only the demo version (AKA Free) version and
I do like the voice choices that it has!  However, as others have
noted that while VO is running those of us who are using it can't
interact with the text like the sighted people can.  I have limited
vision (can't read the print on the phone for sure) but I can see when
I place my finger on the text it moves -- just as if VO weren't
running!  Therefore I don't see a way for VO users to interact with
the text as the directions describe.

I'm a avid BookShare reader and have the Read2Go app.  I see that the
Dream Reader seems to not be able to move past the notice section, as
others have stated I will write the developer.  However, as I've been
a BookShare member since 2007 and been using Read2Go for probably a
year (at least) I'll write to them to see if they can get additional
voices -- maybe in a similar fashion that Dream Reader lets us choose
which ones we download.

I realize this is a limit of Apple, but it's a shame that apps that
are voicing and use the Accopella voices can't "share" them!  As I
noticed that both Heather and Ryan are choices for DreamReader and
these are the ones that come with Read2Go.  I know it's the sandbox
effect!  The same is true for GPS apps, many of them use the same
Samantha voice that comes on the phone!

Well, enough of my rant.

Katey

On 1/4/13, Richard Turner <richard.turne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Rick,
> If one is going to read many Bookshare books, this app is pretty much not
> there yet if you can't skip the notice and other preliminary regions of a
> book.
> I agree, it would be nice to access more file types with Read2Go and I
> would
> like to see more Acapella voices available.  Perhaps if enough people
> contact both Bookshare and the Voice Dream Reader author we can get
> something going.  Given the voices choices, Voice Dream is a very appealing
> option, not to mention the price, but I'm not willing to listen through
> that
> notice section and all the table of contents, reviews, etc., in Bookshare
> books.  To me, the $19.99 was well worth it for Read2Go just to easily
> navigate the books.
>
> Later,
> Richard

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

Visit my FaceBook page at: www.facebook.com/kateyjax