From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of BrailleTouch
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2013 9:07 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Editing Text With Braille Touch

Thanks for your email, Arnold.

We wish that Apple would allow alternative keyboard apps for iOS, and I
suspect that other developers such as Fleksy do as well. We have built an
in-house version of BrailleTouch for Android phones. Android will allow
alternative keyboards, so BrailleTouch would pop up for any text field in
any app instead of the standard mini-QWERTY keyboard.  It works very well,
and even supports Grade 2 braille!

Unfortunately, the Android accessibility layer, Explore by Touch (which is
comparable to VoiceOver), is not compatible with multi-touch input.
BrailleTouch relies on multi-touch input to make a braille keyboard work on
a touchscreen. We have spoken with the engineer at Google who wrote Explore
by Touch for Android. He is great, and was very helpful and supportive. We
are excited about the potential to release BrailleTouch as an alternative
keyboard for Android phones, pending a future version of Android where
Explore by Touch is compatible with BrailleTouch and multi-touch input.

Best wishes,
Caleb
http://brailletouchapp.com/