Hi Alan,

There is no chance that your credit card will be stolen from iTunes as long
as you use a strong password. If, of course, you use a 6 or 8 letter
password which is a word instead of a random series of at least 12 upper and
lower case letters, numbers and a symbol or 2 then it's secure. Anybody who
wants to know about password security should google "Password strength" or
"password security" and read a very good article about how passwords really
work on Wikipedia. Some people think substituting a number for a letter in a
word like "G0ldf1sh" instead of "Goldfish" is save, but password cracking
programs can do that one in a couple of minutes.
I find one of the best methods shy of using a random password generator is
to think of a sentence, preferably a stupid sentence but one that you can
remember and then use all the first letters of each word with some numbers
and punctuation. There is actually a name for that, but I forgot what it is.