I'm going to have to disagree here.  I had the same question about 2 weeks ago,
but decided to try it myself.  My wife and I both share the same iTunes
library.   Now it asks for our apple ID and password, when we plug in to backup
or sink content.  But other than that, we are able to access the same music,
movies and apps.  And iTunes remembers what device, has what content.  It just
shows up in the sources list.  HTH

Kliphton A M
(iMessage&Email) kliph...@gmail.com
(Twitter&Skype) kliphton72