When you want to face time someone from your iPhone, Go into their contact, And
there you will find a FaceTime button. Double tap it, then choose the phone
number or email that you want to face time with,, Which means how you want to
contact the other person, And double tap your selection.

Your wife's iPod has a FaceTime app Because it is not a phone.

Sure hope this clears things up for you, and that now you can make FaceTime
calls.

--
Marcy weinberg
Junior Partner