It sounds like the device needs to be reset in settings, general, reset, and double tap reset all settings. As a last resort, in the same menu, double tap, erase all content and settings. If you have to get to this point to fix the problem, you may lose some content but if you cannot sync now, there may be no other choice.

HTH
Alan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Grant Hardy" <grantha...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:16 PM
Subject: Problems with TV shows on iPad

I'm assisting a friend with his iPad and there are problems with some
TV shows that he purchased from the iTunes Store. For one thing, a
specific episode gives the error "could not load movie" when he
attempts to play it on his iPad. The episode plays fine in iTunes on
his computer.

For another, I've just stepped in recently to assist so I'm not sure
how this situation began, but there is TV content on his iPad which is
not syncing with his iTunes Library, which is not what he wants. In
other words, it is not selected for sync within iTunes but is still
appearing on his iPad.

Any ideas on how we can get either of these cleaned up?

Grant