I thought about doing this before I bought my Motorola hx550 bluetooth headset.
I have two iPhones and I thought about taking two sets of earpods and wearing
the one with the controls of each set in an ear. That would have worked fine
and I might yet do it for some situations. But what I like about my one-ear
bletooth headset is that I can wear it on or in my ear and if i position it
right, it is much more comfortable for me than the earpods and I can hear my
surroundings better. I typed with it in church the other day and didn't notice
an annoying delay though I'm sure there must have been a slight one. However,
since the a2dp only works with the first paired phone, I'm investing in a
second one for times when I do need to hear more than just phone calls for both
phones. But even with just one bluetooth headset, I like the way I can choose
the phone to call with and the phone to answer and can even set it to tell it
verbally to answer or ignore. It works with siri though it's either a little
buggy or doesn't work quite all the way; I haven't taken time to try to
research using it with siri better yet. It isn't much more expensive than
earpods; ones that ship with prime fromAmazon ar $45 and some cents; I saw some
there for $29.98 but was a little leery of the low price. You can wear the
headset on your ear with a hook, in your ear with a hook, or in your ear with
gels. I debated between this and the Bluent Q2 but thought the battery life
would be better with the Motorola ones. I know there are quite a few headsets
out there and some of them are much more expensive than the one iI got so maybe
they are better but I'm happy with this.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart