Hellow,
I had to do a similar thng yesterdy.  Just click on the call option then hang
up as soon as it connects.  You can then go to phone and recents.  Next to the
most ecent number you called, there's a more info button, so press this and
then you have the usual options of calling, facetiming etc.  You can add the
number to an existing contact from here or create a new contact as well.
Hope that helps,
Harmony.