I would say that if you need to record meetings that long, you would do better with a digital recorder. Either that or get people to talk less? <grin>

By law here in the state of Nevada we are required to record all home owners association meetings except for the executive session where we discuss people's personal finances etc. We started out using an smart phone belonging to my secretary but switched to a digital recorder because it recorded directly to mp3 and then the state decided it wanted a more secure format what ever that meant and we got one of their recorders. I think they wanted to make it harder to tamper with the recording but that's a guess on my part. but it proved out to be more bother then it was worth ----- Original Message ----- From: "Fanus" <buys.fa...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:39 AM
Subject: recording app

Hello list
Am I wrong or is there a time or file length limit when one
records using the voice note app which comes with the
iPhone? I made a recording and after about 30 minutes or
maybe less the recording stopped. If there is a limit can
someone please recommend an app which would allow for lenthy
recordings like a meeting of 2 to 3 hours?
Regards
Fanus