Sure, if you are concerned over about 2% to 5% of battery power per hour when
devices are connected, and up to 1% per hour (usually less) when devices are
not connected, you should definitely be vigilant about turning the Bluetooth
radio off except when you want to connect something. Since I am not concerned
about such minimal amounts of power (I use my iPhone like my computer, so need
to charge every day, but get much better battery life than my laptop), 1% or
less per hour does not make a difference.

The same is the case for wifi. Unless you are using an app which utilises wifi,
the wifi radio remains virtually dormant. In fact, the 1% power use per hour I
have noticed is with both bluetooth and wifi turned on.

GPS radio reception, on the other hand, uses around 10% to 15% per hour when
being accessed by a navigation app. For this reason, I remove navigation apps
from the app switcher after use just in case they call the GPS radio whilst in
standby.

In my personal opinion, considering how functional the iPhone is, if someone
removes all the functionality to preserve battery life for avoiding plugging in
at the end of each day, why not spend considerably less for an accessible
Android basic phone. Wasting the true power of the iPhone as a portable
computer because one is so focused on preserving battery life for a couple /
few days honestly does not make sense to me.
This is especially the case with the iPhone 5 and its lightning connector, the
easiest connector for a portable device I have ever used.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone