I think it is more than just an implication that Microsoft has been
and continues to be insensitive -- in fact, outright hostile -- to our
needs as a community of people who want the same quality of life that
everyone who depends on good vision simply takes for granted.  Just
look at their release of the Windows VII phone last year.  They simply
said, unapologetically, that it would not be accessible when it was
released.  And, this has certainly not been the first or the only
Microsoft product that ignored our collective need for accessibility.

I believe that it was the threat of litigation concerning the
inaccessibility of early IPODs that prompted Apple to see the
proverbial light, and maybe that is, in some small measure, a mark
against them, but their out-of-the-box accessibility and the
passionate approval it has engendered among people who are blind
should provide a wake-up call to everyone who produces technology and
creates web sites.  People who are blind have just as much right to
access as everyone else, and it can happen if corporations and
manufacturers decide to do it.
Penny