Hi Kim,

You may want to check the archive for "iPad Mini" as there have been a few
discussions since the iPad Mini was released in late October.

Anyhow, basically the iPad Mini can't really do a lot the iPhone can't do
except that there are some iPad specific apps which you may or may not find
useful. Unfortunately I can't think of any example right now, maybe somebody
else will give one.

Apart from that the larger screen is what most people find attractive and it
seems from posts I have read on here that many people find a full-sized iPad
almost too large as special orientation is more difficult, the iPad Mini
seems to be just right to give more space but not so much to make it hard to
find stuff.

The iPad Mini also has stereo speakers and they would be a bit louder and
probably of better quality than those on an iPhone simply due to their size.

I think an iPad Mini is definitely on my list as well, but for the time
being I'm sitting on the fence to see if there will be a new one in March.
According to Rob from the Today in iOS podcast he doesn't think there will
be any new major product announcements until June and even though the iPad
Retina as the full-size iPad it is now called was updated twice last year in
March and October, he predicts that it maybe the first iDevice to be updated
once again. Having a retina display is certainly of no importance for a
blind person unless you have sighted people in the family who would also use
it, but I was sort of waiting to see if the next iPad Mini will have a
retina display. Once again, Rob from Today in iOS doesn't think the iPad
Mini will get a retina display until 2014, but while he is totally in the
loop as far as one can be with Apple, I somehow would be surprised if it
took this long considering that everything now including the new MacBook Pro
has a retina screen. In any case, It's already February so I'll wait until
the end of March and by then I probably will say I may as well wait until
June and I know that if I wait until June and still nothing has been
announced I will most definitely wait until September or October at that
point.