When the edit field is activated, It will say iMessage if it is an iMessage, or
text message if it is a text message. Sometimes, though, It may say iMessage,
but after it is sent, It will say sent as text message.

Most frequently, though, you will know which kind of message you are sending
because of the way the edit field is labeled.

--
Marcy weinberg
Junior Partner