Hi, you can definitely read continuously. Once you are on the first page, just swipe down with 2 fingers to start. As each page turns you will hear the VO sound for this. It's annoying, but unless you mute your phone, no way to turn that off. It's gotten to the point where I don't hear it consciously any more. Yes, the book will remember your place. So, feel free to go take the trash out, feed the wife, or walk the kids. When you come back to read again, you can pick up where you left off.

Hope that helps.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places. - Henny Youngman