Home Page: http://raulgallegos.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rau47
Facebook: http://facebook.com/rau47

On 2/7/2013 8:16 PM, Reinhard Stebner wrote:
How does a blind person know when the phone is booting? I know that that the
apple logo shows while the phone is booting.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Raul A. Gallegos
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:47 AM
To: ViPhone List; macvisionar...@googlegroups.com
Subject: solution to iOS 6 jailbroken devices which won't boot

Hi, I thought I'd pass this along to you guys since some of you might be
jailbreaking and have come across installing an app or tweak which makes
your phone unusable. This is usually because of a tweak or app which
isn't fully compatible with iOS 6 jailbreak. This message isn't to hear
from the ensconced nonjailbreakers saying that if you didn't jailbreak
in the first place, none of this would have happened. Instead, this
message is to offer a solution to those who might have gotten themselves
in a situation where their phone is unresponsive and resetting and
re-jailbreaking seems to be the only solution. If you are a new
jailbreaker and are trying it for the first time, having a newly
jailbroken device might make you go back to jailed status and not want
to explore. I'm here to say that it's not the end of the world as we
know it, and I feel fine. This happened to me when I installed Phone GV
Extension on one of my iPhones, yet it didn't happen on the other. Go
figure. Before I knew how to get out of this mess and reboot in safe
mode, I just reset the phone and jailbroke again, however that takes a
lot of time. So, all you have to do is first reset your phone the
regular and Apple approved way by pressing and holding Home and
Power/Sleep buttons for around 10 seconds. Then release the buttons and
wait for the reboot to happen. Now, this might fix your problem, but if
it doesn't, then boot your device in safe mode and then you can go into
Cydia and remove the app or tweak which caused your woes in the first
place. To do this, reset your phone using the method I described, while
it's booting up, press and hold the volume up button. Do this until the
phone boots and Voice Over speaks. It will now be in safe mode. Now you
can open Cydia and remove the last app or tweak you installed and then
reboot normally to be out of safe mode and the Apple should be round
again. The following link explains this more elegantly and with maybe
more details.

http://t.co/XLInnZyt

--
Raul A. Gallegos
I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her. -