Apologies for a basic question;  but there is a lot of talk on the list
about "jailbreaking", and I am curious to know what this means.

Irene Elbourn

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: 12 February 2013 18:31
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: 6.1.1 update

I understand that if you jailbreak you have to be careful about updates, but
for those who are not jailbroken and don't plan to do so I think it's more
or less a no-brainer to decide to update. I doubt Apple would suddenly
release a minor update which breaks Voiceover and ultimately a new more
major update comes out and just about everybody on this list who has an
iPhone especially if it's a 4S or 5 will update anyways. Even if an update
fixes a specific issue which maybe I didn't even notice or if it's just a
security fix I would still go ahead and do it just as I do all my Windows
updates. In many ways iPhone owners are very lucky this way because being
able to update to the latest version of Android or Windows Phone is not even
an option for the vast majority of people who have such devices because they
are either not given the option to update or the update only works for a
small number of the latest phones.