So you cannot read titles of movies recorded from your DVR?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sieghard Weitzel
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 6:59 PM
  Subject: RE: Is there an accessible TV remote app for the iPhone

  Hi,

  I have the RE Remote 30-PIN IR dongle, but never use it. At one point about 2
years ago I was beta testing for the developer and he made a few improvements,
but I just find it's much too much trouble to plug this in, open the app and
then use the iPhone to maybe change volume or channels etc. It's not as if you
have full access to on-screen menus of TV's or receivers.

  If anybody wants to buy it, I'd sell it for $25 + whatever shipping would be.
It's pretty small, it comes in a little padded pouch and could be shipped in a
padded envelope. If anybody is interested email me directly at siegh...@live.ca.