From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <siegh...@live.ca>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2013 8:57 PM
Subject: RE: Prizmo with StandScan Pro

Hi Fanus,

You are correct, North America has 2 flat prongs and from
how you describe
it your 2-round prong configuration sounds just like what I
am used to from
growing up in Germany. However, I just did a Google search
for "What power
plugs are used in South Africa" and I found the following
website:

http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity.htm

This website describes 14 different plug configurations
(from type A through
type N) which are used around the world. According to this,
Type M is most
widely used in South Africa and while it sounds similar to
Type E and Type F
which are the German standards, I believe it is different.
But I am sure you
can find an adapter or maybe the Standscan comes with some
adapters. I once
bought a Skype desktop telephone from a company called Ipevo
and it came
with about 6 different adapters. It is completely
incomprehensible to me why
there isn't more standardization. I guess it wouldn't be an
easy thing to
change something like that, but I'm sure it could be done
over time.
Of course we all know that the German Type F "SchuKo" plug
is the best
because, well... it's German *smile*