Hi,
Neil writes:

  Hi, is there any truth to the reports I have read that sometimes an iPhone
when in a WiFi location sometimes switches over to cellular data? I can see
that this would happen if the WiFi network is down, but some have said that
there is leakage of cellular data even when on WiFi.

  I have no idea whether that's true or not but my guess is that it might
switch on the fly if the network is unstable, hence the impression that there
is leakage.

  One other question, how do I tell which it is using?  Since I have had my
phone, I have always been in range of WiFI, so I don't know if there is a
different message at the top of the screen when it's  using cellular data.

  In the status line at the top of the screen, to the left of the time, there's
an icon  that will tell you whether you're using 3g or , how many bars you have
if you're using wi-fi.  Right now I'm sitting in my living room next to my
router and have a wi-fi signal that's 3 bars, as expected. Just to test this, I
walked out of my apartment, went down the hall and turned into the intersecting
hallway.  As I did this, I could look at that icon and see that the wi-fi
signal was weaker.  Then when I lost it altogether, it switched over to 3g.
Interestingly enough, even though the phone was back in range as I returned to
my hallway, my phone waited to reconnect to wi-fi until I re-entered my
apartment.

  Hope that answers your question.

  Tom