Hi, Richard.
That doesn't burst my bubble at all. If it's true, it inflates it :) I
would much rather have something people could use without
jailbreaking, many people don't like to do so. I am, however, not able
to make it work without jailbreaking. That is, hitting the volume up
and volume down together does not start music playing on my brother's
non-jailbroken device without activator. Similarly, hitting volume
down, then up, does not move to the next song, nor does hitting volume
up, then down, move to the previous song. Remember that the point of
my message was simply to enable people to use the play/pause commands
with hardware keys and to point out that those same commands would
work with VoiceDream as well as music. The next/previous/play/pause
commands will certainly work with VoiceDream on a non-jailbroken
device, but I know of no way to make these commands work with the
hardware keys without activator, which is a tweak only available by
jailbreaking. On a device without activator, hitting volume down and
up together results in a click, hitting volume up and then down
quickly just changes the volume, as does hitting volume down then up
quickly. I hope you're right, you understand, I just don't think you
are.
Aman