Hi Esther,

May I add to your excellent summary that in the new version of the Audible
app the layout is somewhat different. You now select the area you want at
the top of the screen where you find 5 options:

At the very top left is a "Settings" button which is self-explanatory.

The middle part across the top has 3 buttons:

Cloud, 1 of 3: This is your Audible library if you have an Audible
membership. All the books you ever purchased are here and available for
download.
Device, 2 of 3: This shows you any books you have downloaded to your device.
iTunes, 3 of 3: This shows you any Audio Books you have synced to your
device via iTunes

At the top right is a button that Voiceover reads as "Delete Button,
deactivated". If you double tap it you can "activate" delete mode. I have
not tried this in the iTunes section since I rarely listen to anything but
books I download from Audible any more, but if you have "Device" selected
above then activating delete mode puts a delete button to the left of each
downloaded title, double tap on it and it turns into a "Confirm Deletion"
button, double tap again and you can delete an entire book at once without
the need to delete each part as was necessary in the old version of the app.

Underneath this top row of choices are 3 buttons:

Search: opens a search field where you can search for a particular title or
author
Filter: this allows you to filter what you see, for example, in your cloud
library, by completed, not completed etc.
Sort: this allows you to sort by various criteria, newest first, by author,
by title etc.

Best regards,