Hi Edward,

No, you can't backup to Dropbox, but you can, of course, back up to your
computer. I do backup to iCloud just in case something should ever happen
when I am travelling, but I also backup to my computer and prefer to restore
from my computer because I can do an encrypted backup which requires you to
set a password. The advantage of this is that all your passwords like for
your WiFi and so on are also backed up.

As far as deleting your back up, do the following:

Double tap on Settings and then iCloud

Double tap on "Storage and Backup" just before the "Delete Account" button.

Double tap on "Manage Storage"

Swipe right past the heading called "Backups". You will hear how much space
your backup takes up. I just received a replacement iPhone 4S since on my
old one the camera wouldn't auto focus any more and when I went here, I saw
that I was using 2.4 Gb.

When I swiped to the right again I then heard "Sieghard's iPhone 1.2
Gigabytes".

Another swipe right and Voiceover said "Sieghard's iPhone, this iPhone, 1.2
Gigabytes".

Whichever is your current backup of the device you are using it will have
"This iPhone" behind it. If you have backups from a previous phone it may
say, in your case, Edward, "Edward's iPhone", but it will say "Edward's
iPhone, this iPhone" for the currently used backup.

You can double tap on any of these backups and see detailed information
about the backup. It will have an "Info" heading at the top and you will
once again hear, in my case, Sieghard's iPhone, This iPhone".

Then, and I am just checking this as I am typing the message, it tells me
the following:

Latest backup, 12:17 AM which means it made a backup just after midnight
since I had it plugged in over night.

Next it gives me again the backup size, 1.2 Gigabytes.

Next comes "Backup Options" with the explanation "Choose the data you want
to back up". It then gives you the next backup size which in my case is also
1.2 Gigabytes.

After that it goes into listing all the apps, in my case it starts with
"Camera Roll, On", then "Downcast, On" and so on.

It lists about 5 apps and after that is a "Show All Apps" button which
reveals all other apps currently installed on your phone. You can swipe
right through that list of apps and double tap on any of the apps listed to
exclude it from backing up to iCloud.

If, for example, I double tap on Downcast, Voiceover will say "Do you want
to turn of Downcast backups and delete the backup data from iCloud?"

You then have a "Turn off and Delete" button and a "Cancel" button.

If you swipe past the "Show All Apps" button or, if you double tapped on it,
all the way down the list and past your last app, you find the "Delete
Backup" button. Voiceover will ask you to confirm, but this is how you
delete any of the backups on you r phone.

The last item tells you how much storage is available. In my case my backup
is 1.2 Gigabytes, so it will say "3.8 Gigabytes available of 5.0 Gigabytes
on iCloud".

If you backup a screen to the screen where it says, in my case, "Sieghard's
iPhone, this iPhone", you also find a listing of apps and here you see how
much data is backed up for each app.

You can double tap on these apps and see details about which data is backed
up, for example, if I double tap on Downcast I can see how much space is
taken up by episodes, Podcasts and Settings.

There is a Edit button at the top right and you could, for example, delete
only episodes for Downcast. You can also use the 1-finger swipe up or down
like in email to delete stuff here as the action rotor is automatically
active when you go into one of the apps.

Hope this helps,