Cheryl and all:
I have not had my cable break either, but I have seen a time when something
broke on Me but  everyone else seemed to be fine. I bought an extra cable just
in case, though. They are probably made as cheaply as Apple can get away with.
Way of business these days. Guess what I am saying is could be defective.
Giving benefit of the doubt here, may really be the cable, not person. Let's be
kind. JMO.

Reggie and Allegra, my little pill