Hi Standscan users,

I asked one of my employees today to replace the magnets in 4 places today
where my Standscan didn't hold together very well. Those were the top left
and right corner above the opening and the front and back corners on the
left side (the back is where the cable comes out).

I still had some quarter inch rare earth magnets and while they are a bit
thicker, I just peeled off the stickers that are over the existing magnets
which are quite wimpy, then my employee put a bit of arrow fletching glue in
the place and then we put one of the rare earth magnets there. I did replace
both opposing magnets and since the glue I use is super strong I didn't even
bother putting the stickers back. I think you could probably just use Crazy
Glue as well, fletching glue is something like that anyways, it sets in 15
to 30 seconds and we use it in my store's hunting department for glueing the
fletching on arrows.

Now my Standscan snaps together like there is no tomorrow and is rock solid.
The original magnets in the back always did work well.

One thing that did come to mind at one point was that maybe sometimes a
mistake is made and a magnet is put in place upside down. My employee at one
point glued in one of the rare earth magnets the wrong way so instead of
sticking together it actively pushed away, that's after all how magnets
work.

Just to give you an idea about the strength of these little magnets which by
the way are exactly the same diameter as the original magnets they have on
the Standscan, if I put 2 of them on my desk about 4 inches apart and start
nudging them towards each other they jump the distance when they are maybe
still 2 inches apart.