Hi Alan,
If you turn Zoom on you cab toggle it on and off with a three finger
double tap.
In this configuration, you can also toggle speech on and off with a
three finger triple tap. And the screen curtain toggle now goes to a
three finger quadruple tap.

But, like you, I have never been able to get the rotor to work.

BTW. in Zoom a three finger double tap and hold will allow you to
adjust the ,magnification. A three finger drag allows you to move
around the screen.
Chuck