An app I have had success with is "score center"  You can set favorite teams,
sports, and even choose what updates you get.  By quarter, half, or the final
score, you can even have it give you an update when there is a close game.  It
even gives you leag news, like trades and contract signings.  HTH

Kliphton A M
(iMessage&Email) kliph...@icloud.com
(Twitter&Skype) kliphton72
(Personal Blog-Read at your own risk!) http://kliphskorner.wordpress.com