Chuck, you can add to or edit a subscription list from within the newsline app.
This is essentially the same thing as a favorites list.

Eric

On Apr 28, 2013, at 3:00 PM, Chuck Dean <chuckd...@me.com> wrote:

Hi Craig,

I tried the Earl app, which works ok, but because it is voice
generated ,is a little too slow for me. Also you are limited on the
amount you can read without paying for a subscription, which seemed a
little over priced to me.

I just finished reading the New York  Times and the Chicago Tribune on
the NFB Newsline app, which is 100% free. It is very easy to navigate
papers and magazines. You can set up a favorite list, but this needs
to be done online and the TV guide needs to be set up over the phone,
which is a little weird, but Newsline  was originally a phone in
service.

Have your rotor set to Headings, and you can scan  the articles by
flicking through the titles. When you hear an article you want to
read, do a two finger swipe down.

I think NFB Newsline is only available in the US and you need to
register with NFB Newsline and give proof of disability.

If you are a BookShare member you can read the same NFB Newsline
papers with Read 2 Go. Go to Search, and then periodicals.
It works well, but not as well as the NFB app. Bookshare has an annual
fee of $50.

Chuck