Hi,

    Now that we can be reasonably sure of readable scans when using Text
Grabber together with the StandScan Pro, I'd like to share something I
discovered that might make things a little easier when scanning more than a
single sheet of text. for example, a hand-out at college, or several pages of a
long letter. I don't think I would suggest this for double page scans from
books though, as these are still problematic owing to the nature of bound books.

    I hadn't noticed before that all the shots taken are automatically stored
in the "History" tab of the app. Now, i have the task of scanning,
approximately, 50 documents, all related and all in chronological order. I have
been putting it off because I thought it would be just so exhausting saving
each one into notes etc. However, using the history tab, I now find I can
access all my scans there. So, I have emptied the history (unfortunately, I had
to do this one by one, something to be improved in a future update perhaps?)
Then I started to scan my documents. I decided to start from the back so that
when I come to look in History, the top will be the first, but this is not
necessary... I took a chance, as all these were well printed, single page
letters, and just took the shot, let it be recognised, didn't even read the
results, but went back into "camera" and took the next one, placing it on top
of the one already there. So far, I have 20 scans, all readable and easy to
access in my history tab.

    I must play a little more with this feature, but for now, it seems like an
easy way to get multi-page scans in a readable form without too much fussing.

    I would love to see some more options in the management of the history tab,
although, it might be that I have not yet found all the capabilities of this
app.

    Has anyone else explored this?

    Sandy.