Could the phone be upside down? In other words, could the microphone be
pointing toward the ceiling?

Fred Olver
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: The Smiths
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 7:15 PM
  Subject: audio on phone call

  Hi

  I am back trying to use the iphone 5 for a phone call without headphones.
What am I finding is that when the phone is up to my ear I can hear the person
speak but they can't hear me. When I take the phone away from my ear it goes to
speakerphone and conversation can be heard and made. Bring the phone back up to
my face and I can have it really close to my mouth but the top end of the phone
close to my ear mutes my speech and the caller cannot hear me. A one way
conversion with me holding the phone and not being heard. I have seen on forums
that this has happened to others but can't find a solution. It seems to be only
on the iphone 5. Has anyone on this list experienced this and knows how to fix
it? I want a conversation without headphones and speakerphone. Many thanks.

  Regards

  Janine

  No virus found in this message.