From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Andrew Head
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:13 AM
To: blind iphone list
Subject: tips for scanning lables with text detective

Hi all,
I was using vizwiz and taptapsee to find out the what flavour drink I had in
the fridge. I while I was able to determine the flavour using both these
apps, I thought I'd have a go at using text detective to read what the rest
of the label showed.
However, this proved difficult. What I do is turn the bottle on its side so
the label is facing up and position the phone above the label. When I tried
this with text detective, I kept getting bits of words only. I'm guessing
this is because the bottle is round and therefore the label curves around to
follow the bottle, but was just wondering if anyone was successful in
reading an entire label on a bottle just by scanning it. I do realise this
must be difficult as it's not a flat surface. I haven't used text detective
much and just thought I'd try this, but I guess I should stick to flat paper
documents. Lol Hope everyone has a blessed day, Andrew