If you paid for Switch, you should look at their support for getting the upgrade to work. Are you doing this on Windows or the Mac? Try using the hot keys or the pull down menus to do the conversion. I've found that tabbing around on the interface sometimes makes you think you're on a different button than you really seem to be on.

On 05/12/2013 05:44 PM, Kay Malmquist wrote:
It is just for a book and the quality really isn't an issue.  I bought
Switch a year ago and according to when I tried to register the newest
version was told I was not eligible for the latest upgrade.  When I try to
convert a file I just get a 4 KB file shortcut that says it is an m4a.  Kind
of strange.  Is there another way to convert files?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Chaltain" <chalt...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 4:37 PM
Subject: Re: a switch question

I think there's only one download for Switch. Here's the direct link to
the Windows version http://www.nch.com.au/components/switchsetup.exe If
you don't register, I think it just reverts back to the free version.

According to http://www.nch.com.au/switch/kb/1405.html, M4A is supported
on both the Windows and the Mac version.

What problem are you seeing when trying to convert from MP3 to M4A?
Also, just curious, but why are you trying to convert from a lossy format?