I figured that this may be the case. Tip for you. If you're up at 3:00 AM eastern. The Giants do a mid-night replay on their flagship station KNBR. You'd have to pull it up either in iHeart or on tapin on your computer. Or, if you already have a subscribtion to at bat, if you connect your accounts. You can listen at anytime on gameday audio on your computer. I love the Giants announcing crew. In my opinion, they're the best in the business. Yes, all 4 of them. But, I do agree with you that it is very difficult for those of us who are visually impaired to follow a tv feed. I will say this. John Miller is one of the best on tv. You can be sighted & be in another room & know exactly what is going on on the game on tv with him. However, he's even better on the radio. Oh well, I digress, I could talk this sort of stuff all day long. However, this list wouldn't appreciate that. So, if you'd care to continue this discussion or anyone else for that matter. Feel free to contact me off this here list. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric SS" <sseri...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 09:42
Subject: RE: Recording from the iPhone to the iPhone?

Sean sorry that I did not get back to you sooner.

I did not have luck trying to record something playing on the IPhone using a
recording app on that same IPhone. I tried several applications, but each
recording app would suspend what was playing as soon as they began
recording.

I guess you gathered what I was trying to do. I live in the Eastern time
zone and follow the Giants who play most of their games in the Western time. So, it is past my bedtime when they start many games. I could replay the MLB
television feed, but the announcers (one of them) is horrible to listen to
and is not very descriptive for us nonvisual folks. I don't know why they
will not allow us to replay audio games.

I have tried recording off my ITouch to either a small Sony voice recorder
or Bookport Plus. But, as either of those do fine for recording and
playback, I do have to be awake to start the recording process. Then I get
the occasional game like last Friday night when the San Francisco feed was
horribly slow and kept dropping out throughout the game. It just happened to be one of those nights I could not sleep and could have just listened to the game live, but I really, really hoped to eventually fall asleep. By the way, either the BP or Sony digital will record forever, so I do not have to worry
about stopping them.

Thanks again for the suggestion, and I'll try any other ideas you might
have. This just may be another price of living in the wrong place. Although,
I still like to think of myself as just being misplaced for a long, long
time -- 22 years now.

The best!

Eric