Raul,

The only time I've had a similar issue on my Mini is when it has not detected the change from landscape to portrait mode or visa versa. If the iPad is flat on a table or on your lap for example and you have it in landscape mode then you turn it to portrait mode, the switch isn't detected. I sometime have to give the Mini a tilt forward for the switch in orientation to be detected.

Best,

Rick alfaro