From: "Andy Baracco" <w...@socal.rr.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:35 AM
Subject: Re: Making Your Home a Place on FourSquare

It doesn't need to search for a place if you are already there.
double tap on "Search Places" and type in the name that you want to
give to
the location. For safety reasons, I wouldn't call it something like
"My
house". The screen will populate with a bunch of results, but what you
need
to do is to go to the end of the list, and you should see something
like
"Add a location". Double tap on that and follow the prompts.
Personally, I
can see little reason to make your home a location, unless you really
want
to become the mayor of something. One reason that I have heard is that
if
you hold parties or other functions at your home, you can ask guests
check in, and you will have an idea who is there, and fellow guests
can see
who has checked in. Kind of a neat way for blind folks to know who's
there,
providing that your guests are into 4square.

Andy