You have to select the option to "clikc here to start downloading" then you
will here safari continue to click and you can find the progress status in the
address bar of safari.  when it finishes downloading, it will give you the
option to open in dropbox, or phonedrive, or what ever other programs you have
on your i-device that it might work with.  The only problem I have found with
this is, safari and dropbox doesn't always recognize some file extentions such
as 7z and you have to rename the file in order to get dropbox to accept it.
That's more complicated than it's worth though, I'd just rather go to a
computer to get 7z files.  safari and dropbox doesn't recognize .rar files
either, but that's where phone drive comes in handy.  HOpe I'm making since.
hth