I use Feeddler, and I have a few feeds that I've added directly to Feeddler, so I assume it will work with feeds directly and not go through Google Reader exclusively. I am looking for a service where I can access my feeds from multiple devices and have the feeds I've read synced between those devices. In particular, I'm interested in IOS, Linux and Windows.

On 05/26/2013 06:31 PM, Joe wrote:
I totally misread the response. I heard Feedly, not Feeddler, and agreed
Feeddler is an excellent app. I think the Feeddler developer is looking for
an alternative. No news yet though, so I too am looking for a good
replacement for Google Reader with decent iOS app.--Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Cristóbal
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 6:33 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Requesting Update on the RSS Reader Scene

The problem with Feeddler and most other RSS apps is that they all use
Google Reader to pull the subscriptions from. The Feeddler dev has mentioned
plans for the app beyond Reader, but as of yet, no news. At least nothing
I've seen.

A lot of people are talking up Feedly as a Reader replacement, but I've
found the iOS app to not be very VO friendly.