Thanks very much Thom, for this info.

Todd, once the new screen is loaded, one thing you might do to have Voiceover
access this new screen properly is to issue the command:

UIAccessibilityPostNotification(UIAccessibilityScreenChangedNotification,
theNewView);

or

UIAccessibilityPostNotification(UIAccessibilityLayoutChangedNotification,
theNewView);

Where theNewView is the view with the restaurant elements in it. The first
statement is meant for when an entire view changes and the second is meant when
a portion of a view changes or if a view is rearranged. Does this make sense?

this way Voiceover should stop seeing the list of restaurants that are not
actually being shown on-screen visually.

HTH