Hello guys,
I just wanted to post a way to create ring tones, because as I found out a few
days ago iTunes for whatever reason does not allow you to create them strictly
through iTunes anymore. The people at Apple told me that I need to use an app
calledRMaker to do this, and it works. Here's what I did:
First, download RMaker To your phone from theApp Store. From there, open the
app and select the song that you want to make into a ringtone. Then, select
your Starting and stopping point, and play the tone back, to make sure that
it's where you'd like it to be. Then double tap save, and plug your phone into
your PC. From here, you want to go to the summary tab, then tab over to the
apps checkbox to check it, then tab over to the iTunes file sharing area.
You'll hearJaws Say something like these apps can transfer documents and data,
tab over til you get to the apps Treeview, and you'll find theRMaker App along
with the recent Tone you've created. Tab over to save two, and press enter, and
from here, you want to tab over to the list of various folders, andJaws Will
say something like iTunes and list of various folders that you can save this
tone into. I believe you can save the tone and pretty much any folder you want
to, I personally save mind to the tones folder. So select that one, and then
leave the iTunes program. Now go to your start menu, and go to your music
folder on your PC. Arrow down to iTunes within the music folder, press enter,
And arrow down to iTunes media, pressing enter on it. From here, you should see
your tones folder, go into that, and the ringtone You just sent it should be
there. Press enter on it, and it will begin playing, which in turn will
automatically sync it to your iTunes ringtones library. All you have to do to
see if it's there, is just go back into iTunes, and navigate to your tones
library, and it will be there.
I hope this helped those of you that are interested in doing this. Feel free to
ask questions if need be, I'll do what I can to help further if possible.
Shane.  from my iPhone