Yes, Ariadne announces addresses and cross streets. However, I find the most
reliable and best app by far for having cross streets announced is
BlindSquare. BlindSquare also does not have to be in the foreground for it
to work, in fact, I can lock my phone and it works fine.

In addition I can open the "Nearest Intersections" option in Tools and if I
focus Voiceover on a particular intersection it get a continuous readout of
distance and direction by clockface. I find this can be very useful if I
have to walk across a large parking lot towards an intersection where maybe
I have to make my way around parked cars or other obsticles.

Only suggestion I have and which I have been meaning to email to the
developer about is that it would be nice if another app like Audible could
be playing as well. I find that if Audible is playing BlindSquare either
won't announce anything or Audible will pause for the BlindSquare
announcement and then won't resume playing. Since BlindSquare has it's own
voice couldn't this be fixed? I can have Audible or the Music app playing
when Navigon is running in the background and the Navigon announcements
simply play on top of whatever else is playing and they quiet down the other
audio so it's easy to hear them.there should be