Hello List,

I really like the current interface of Skype when you open a Contact. It is
very straight forward, everything is beautifully labeled and read by
Voiceover. You now have just 4 buttons for call options (in the case of a
Skype Contact) and they are in 2 rows with a left and right button in each
row as follows:

Video Call button, Voice Call button

IM button, More button

When you double tap on the More button, you get either 2 or 3 choices and a
cancel button. You always have the options for "Send Photo" and "Send Video
Message" and if you have also saved a phone number for that contact you
have, in addition to these options, an option to "Send SMS".

If your Contact is a Skype Out number, e.g. just a name with a phone number,
you have only 2 buttons:

Voice Call button, SMS button

If you swipe right past the SMS button you do hear Voiceover say "Video
Message" and "IM", but it does not say button and you don't hear these
options when you move your finger around the screen (unless you do it really
fast and eradic), but either way, they are not announced as buttons since
you can't do a video call or send an IM to just a phone number, I guess
Voiceover reads the label but they are not actually buttons.

One thing I noticed for the first time is that the DialPad is very slow. If
you manually dial a phone number, the dial tone plays quite long and after
it stops it takes a good second and then Voiceover announces the number you
double tapped or split tapped and it will say "paste" for some reason. If
you try to split tap or double tap another number before this has all
finished it doesn't work so each number takes about 2 seconds before you can
dial the next which means dialing a 10-digit phone number is a painfully
slow process. I'll report this to Skype and if some others do as well
hopefully they will do something about it. I really wish Apple would allow
VoIP apps to allow for touch mode dialing like you can do in the stock Phone
app instead of forcing us to double or split tap each number.

Luckily this slow response is not happening when you activate the DialPad to
dial numbers during a call, but you still have to double or split tap each
number.

Also, if you activate the DialPad during a call or even tap on the "Show
Options" button, there seems to be no apparent way to dismiss the DialPad or
pop up window with Show Options. In other words, if you have the DialPad
active and you want to end the call the End Call button is not there, just
the DialPadwhich makes for a nice clean look, but might baffle some people.
I tried the "Go Back" gesture which is that z-shaped or zigzag gesture with
2 fingers and it works well to get rid of the DialPad or the Show Options
choices.

OK, I think that's all I noticed and thought I post about. In short, the
Skype app is beautiful, fully accessible with a couple of extremely minor
flaws but which can be worked around.