What do you think is unreasonable about this request? Doing a video conference interview or specifically using Skype?

Video conferencing is a big part of working in today's environment. I've been part of distributed teams for over ten years now, and video conferencing is a critical tool in working in a distributed team. Doing an interview over a video conference is pretty standard these days. It saves money and time, and it uses technology that you'll be expected to be using every day in your job. Demonstrating your ability to use such technology and work in a distributed environment may be part of this interview process.

If you have a problem with Skype in particular then you may be able to suggest an alternative, such as Google Hangouts or just a plain old fashioned phone call. Skype is actually my technology of choice in these instances though, since it is so accessible.