I installed the app and after a  couple tries I got it to recognize my Bose AE
2 headphones.
The resulting sound was at about half the volume of using the straight music
app. The sound was more like much lower quality headphones. It gave the music a
tinny sound and a little distorted. I did not have the volume up very high
either. At this point, I would say it isn't a very useful app. I tried it with
some classical music, some Judy Collins, the musical Wicked, and some folk
music.
Later,

Richard
(Sent from Richard's iPod Touch 5th gen)